Desperate and Lonely

18 Feb

DAILY, on my many escapades through the internets, I get a lot of messages. Maybe about 1% of those are from decent guys that I would possibly consider hanging out with in person, and the other 99% I can safely say, in all of my humility, I am WAAAY out of their league.

I have this issue where I have to respond to messages I receive, if for no other reason to just be friendly. The problem is the internet consists of desperately lonely people, and bored assholes that thrive on rejecting people because they’re insecure. I am not desperately lonely, just desperately BORED. I don’t like meeting people, I barely make time for the friends I have. The LAST thing I need right now is another friend to feel guilty for neglecting. But I love to chat and be net-social…

The problem with desperately lonely people is their desperation seeps from their pores. You can just tell that they need another person in their lives to justify their reason for being on this planet. I ALWAYS respond no matter how pathetic the person may seem even if I don’t find them attractive. However since they’re used to the assholes thriving on rejection they mistake this positive attention for affection, get obsessed, then get upset when you don’t return their feelings.

I’m so sick of talking to guys online who flunked social skills it’s not funny. Maybe I am the one shooting out of my league. I think I’m witty, social, not to mention a pretty hot cookie to boot. Every day I pray to god that this isn’t all just an illusion and I’m not a 5’5” fat man with bad skin and high self esteem.

Advertisements

2 Responses to “Desperate and Lonely”

  1. Martin 19 February, 2009 at 5:17 pm #

    Just for the record, I’m not – I’m not even bored (watching paint dry can be an exciting activity!)
    I couldn’t comment on your height, but you don’t look fat or spotty….. And you are witty – and articulate too.
    See, I can say nice things, and I’m not even after a shag….

  2. Justin Thyme 19 February, 2009 at 7:45 pm #

    You know I love you Martin 😉

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: